13 March 2014

1.8 At Long Last

I'd left for Egypt in such a hurry that my apartment was a total mess when I got home.


I got straight to work cleaning it up.


Which would have been so much easier if my sink weren't broken.


After all that, I needed to relax. I still hadn't finished the book I'd started reading on the flight home.


Wayne stopped by for a visit. It's been a while. I wonder if he still fancies me...


Even if he does, he at least didn't try anything. We just talked. Not for long. I got a phone call...


Harry asked me out on a date! FINALLY!


I mean, sure, maybe it wasn't the best time with the full moon.


But we had a great time, getting to know each other better.


And we watched the stars.


And shortly after the sun rose, I worked up the nerve to tell him just how much I liked him.


He took it so well, I took a chance and kissed him.


I was worried I'd been too impulsive...


But I didn't have anything to worry about.


He clearly felt the same way for me.


The kiss under the mistletoe? That had seemed like a one time thing.


But this? This seemed like the beginning of something.


Maybe something special.


We were getting awfully good at the whole kissing thing.


We decided to end the date with a spot of breakfast. I loved the view as we crossed the bridge. I'd been traveling strictly by subway, so I'd never seen the bay from this angle.


The diner on the other side of town was the only place open, but it would do. It was a lovely end to an absolutely lovely day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a mess! Glad she was able to get it fixed and cleaned up. Did she seriously leave the place like that? LOL!

    Yay!! A first date and multiple other kisses!!!!! So excited for her! Hopefully, things will last and they'll be very happy together. So adorable together! I like Harry a lot!

    ReplyDelete