23 March 2014

1.18 The Joys of Childhood

It's a little crazy, how fast they grow up. It feels like just the other day I was holding them in my arms for the first time. And now they're old enough for school!


Bailey went first.


He's grown up so well.


And then it was Brett's turn.


My beautiful boys. It's really quite obvious how Family-Oriented they both are.


As I played my guitar that night, I got to thinking about our family. I truly loved my boys, and Harry, but we didn't feel complete. I so desperately wanted a baby girl, but I couldn't have any more of my own. So I talked to Harry about adopting.


I wonder if celebrity status speeds up the process. The adoption agency was quick to bring my little girl to her new home.


Meet Blair! If her reaction upon meeting me is any indication, she's rather Excitable, but at the same time, she seems perfectly content when left alone. Perhaps she's a Loner like her big brother.


It's so good to see my boys getting along. I think having things in common is going to make it easier for them to be friends.


Also, Brett gives the best hugs. True story.


Little Blair went straight for the building blocks we bought for the boys' birthday.


Bailey surprised me by asking for a bedtime story for his nap.


And Brett did the same. Who knows, maybe they'll turn out to be Bookworms like their father?


And they've got such imagination! I don't know where Brett thought he was steering the couch, but as long as he was having fun, I'm happy.


With all of the kids playing in the front room, I got in some piano practice.


Oh, did I mention? We had a surprise in the mail this morning from Uncle Riley! He sent a strange little doll for Blair. She seems to like it quite a bit.


The apartment is a little cramped with five of us, but we manage.


And Blair, like her brothers, seems to be taking well to the xylophone! Three musical children! My life is complete.


I provided a little background music for the boys while they worked on their homework. And they didn't even have to be told to work on it!


Their hard work encourages me to remember my own practice.


And I kiss my baby girl every night when I put her in her crib, remembering how lucky I am to have her.


And how grateful I am for boys that get along so well with each other.


And for a husband who shares his love of literature with his children.


And for boys who want to spend time with their mother, even if it's just for a bedtime story.


I do miss the theatre, but I have a wonderful life here, teaching my baby girl.


And holding her in my arms.


And still getting in some music practice.


While she practices in the next room!


Or chews on the mallet. Oh, well. At least she's sitting at the instrument!


Brett got his first taste of being in the limelight today. He stayed on campus to work on his homework, and it apparently doesn't take the paparazzi very long to track down people.


I hugged him close that night. My boys were celebrities now, thanks to me. I only hoped the world was kinder to them than it had been to me.


Once the children were in bed, I pulled out a potion I'd acquired from the science facility that morning. Some things just had to be done, if I was ever going to fulfill my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about her wishacy goal. I figured she might need to make some kind of potion for herself. Good! She deserves it!

    ReplyDelete