25 March 2014

1.20 And Now for Something Completely Different

If at any point I was going to uproot my children from the life we'd made in Bridgeport, it was now. Blair was barely a child and hadn't made any friends (outside the babysitter) that she would miss. And the boys had finished elementary school and were moving on to high school. As soon as Harry and I had secured job offers in a new town, we made the move.


We made it to Starlight Shores! Beautiful town, beautiful house, beautiful views! I love it.


So I celebrated with a little music once we got moved in.


But what I really wanted was to head to the park to play there.


It had been so long since I'd played out in the open, I'd been looking after the kids so long.


I was happy to see some people dancing along!


I didn't manage to earn any tips, but I did sign an autograph.


And after eating at a restaurant my agent wanted me to promote, I chatted with someone outside.


Apparently being a celebrity alone isn't enough to get people to listen to me. Unless they want to take pictures.


I started my music practice bright and early.


And was pleased when Brett joined in! My wonderful musical children.


With the kids at school and Harry at work, I decided to try for a few more tips at the park again before I had to head to the theatre. No such luck.


I got in a little practice before sleep summoned me.


But I did give Blair a warm hug before we headed off to bed.


My silly boys, working on their homework while the rest of us sleep.


I met the morning with practice on the balcony.


And headed to the park again when everyone else was gone. I was so used to a small apartment, I just felt so incredibly alone in such a big house by myself. Also, I wanted a snow cone.


I tried playing for tips on the drums.


And on my guitar. Still no luck. This park is just not the place to earn tips!


I needed to head to work anyway.


I found Blair dutifully working on her homework when I got home.


So I provided some background music for her.


And just when I switched over to the drums, Harry joined in on the keyboard! I haven't played with him in the longest time. I don't think we've played together since before we started seeing each other! It was wonderful!


I ended the night with reading Blair a bedtime story.


At least until she fell asleep on me. My beautiful baby girl. Everyone had adjusted to the move so well. I was sure I'd made the right decision.

*Author's notes*

So I'd originally planned on just moving them to a bigger house in Bridgeport, until I discovered there was no such thing. The options were pretty much studio or one bedroom, and that wasn't going to cut it for them. And I really didn't want to have to do any construction to make a current house work. So as soon as all three of them aged up, I tried to move them to a new town.

Like, five times. It was being so glitchy! I wound up closing and reopening the game a couple times before I actually got it to work. I even added in a house in Bridgeport that should have been big enough just in case I couldn't get them out of town. Fortunately, after I moved them into that new house, I had absolutely no trouble with the switching towns feature. It was so frustrating!

That said, I really do like Starlight Shores. It's a town I haven't experienced before, so I wanted to try it out. I was going to move them to Isla Paradiso first, but I changed my mind when the move didn't take.

Also, yes, the setup of musical instruments in the living room changed a few times. I initially pulled all of Addison's instruments out of her inventory and set them up so the family could jam together, and then put them back when she wanted to earn tips or play at the park. Eventually I got up to enough money that I could buy a whole new set, and it took up permanent residence in the front room.

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing the family play together! The sweetness of it got me, especially now that she has more time with them. Starlight Shores! I've never lived their before. Look at me, acting like I could live there. ;) Anyway, glad she has more room. Getting tips is tough, but she'll get them soon enough.

    ReplyDelete