21 March 2014

1.16 And Baby Makes Three. Wait, What?

I opted for a home birth. Honestly, I figured it was worth the risk when the alternative was potentially getting stuck in the elevator on the way down to the limo to take me to the hospital. And this way, I wouldn't have to deal with paparazzi. It probably wouldn't have ended well for them or their cameras if they'd bothered me during labor. It went more smoothly than I expected, and soon enough, I held my first child in my arms!


My beautiful Bailey. He was so precious! But labor wasn't over yet...


It was twins! I snuggled my dear little Brett. Beautiful boys, both of them.


I was exhausted when all was said and done, and I only had one crib set up! Fortunately the company was kind enough to deliver late and assemble the crib for me!


I'm not sure how long I slept before their cries woke me. They were hungry little boys.


But I loved each moment they were in my arms.


And I loved playing with them.


It kept them smiling.


With the boys down for a nap, I thought I'd put in a little practice. I was anxious I'd wake them with the music!


But not to fret. They slept peacefully. I think they enjoyed it, even.


I didn't waste any time, either, preparing for their birthday party. I kept the invite list small. Best keep out the naysayers when there were already tabloid stories about my children, born out of wedlock.


The party began on a somber note, one I was happy the boys slept through.


My old friend from the theatre, Buster, passed away before our eyes! At least no one let it ruin the mood too much.


All too soon, it was time for the boys to blow out their candles! I helped, of course.


It was Bailey's turn first! He's such a Good boy, he truly is, though he does seem to prefer solitude. I hope he's not too much of a Loner.


And then came Brett's turn. My dear little Brett, just as Good as his brother. Unfortunately, he seems to have inherited one of my worst traits. Hopefully he'll have time to adjust to being Clumsy!


After the rest of the guests had taken off (and there were far more than I recall inviting) I took a moment to talk with Harry in the foyer. It meant a lot to me that he'd been able to make it to the party. I couldn't fault him for missing their birth. It had happened so suddenly, there was no way to tell him it was happening. I would be perfectly fine taking care of the boys myself, but I liked him. I liked having him around. I wanted him in my life, and I wanted him in the boys' lives, too.


He did, at least, agree to spend the night. I thought it would be good for him, getting to know the boys. And I'll admit, I liked waking up next to him.


I might have still been a raging storm of hormones. My babies were already crawling, who could blame me!


I liked having Harry around. He made me feel better about the world.


And he always managed to be there when I truly needed him.


Because the twins weren't the only ones to celebrate a birthday today!


If I was going to be an old lady with toddlers running around, I could do with a loving influence in my life!


And it was nice to know that our age difference didn't bother Harry one bit. I really did love that man.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a legacy with an elder with toddlers running around. lol That makes me laugh! I'm just glad the generation didn't end with just her. Hopefully, Harry sticks around. She needs help.

    ReplyDelete