24 March 2014

1.19 Youth in a Bottle

I hadn't told any of them about the potion. Not Harry, not the boys, not my precious little girl. Maybe I was worried they wouldn't understand, or that they'd try to talk me out of it. I would always belong to them, but I needed other things too. I needed more time.


As soon as I drank the potion, I could feel it taking effect.


Something felt funny, at least.


I was young again! It was an incredible feeling! Although it made for a bit of a sleepless night.


Which would have been okay if I hadn't woken up Brett with playing the guitar in the middle of the night.


Or Bailey and Harry. Oops!


Just as I was finally getting ready to crawl into bed, I got a phone call. Not from my agent this time! The Stadium wanted me to workout to the point of fatigue a couple times. Well, money is money!


First though, I seriously needed some rest.


I let the boys look after their sister. They're more than capable of it, I'm sure.


When I was finally rested, I left Harry at home with the kids and headed to the gym.


I have to say, working out isn't so bad any more! I mean, I'm still clumsy, but I'll take what I can get.


And since the call from the stadium had been followed by one from my agent (shocking!) to visit a club, I decided to satisfy my hunger there. The hot wings are great, by the way.


I showed off my moves on the dance floor.


Which had improved significantly since I started dancing at clubs.


Though I was still a bit too clumsy to attempt some of the fancier moves.


I came home with the sun shining and the boys pillow fighting!


Nothing makes me prouder as a mother than seeing them getting along. Although sometimes sleep would be better.


Especially when I show up for my first day back at the theatre so incredibly exhausted. So much has changed. Lenny Shutter, who I swear was just a fan when I took maternity leave, is the boss now!


I was assured by the babysitter when I got home that the boys had done their homework as soon as they got home from school.


And had then gone downstairs to play tag (there was nowhere near enough room in the apartment for that).


I held my little girl in my arms before giving her a bottle. And turning in for the night.


I woke up the next morning to find Brett cleaning up around the apartment and taking out the trash. I made a point to thank him for it!


Especially since it gave me time to get in a little reading before work (where they surprised me with a party!).


And the boys had tickets from school for the game at the stadium this afternoon.


From what I understand, they really enjoyed the game!


After all, there was a story about it in the celebrity news that night.


As long as they don't let the paparazzi ruin their friendship, I can deal with it.


And I can't believe how quickly they're all growing up! We had three birthdays tonight! First was Blair. She's growing up so well, and we've all rubbed off on her, because she's clearly Family-Oriented!


And Bailey is such a sharp young man. I'd secretly hoped he'd be a brilliant teenager.


Him and Brett, whose hair finally grew in! And I was right. They were growing up so fast, my two little Geniuses. It was at this point that I realized how small our apartment truly was. Five people in one room was okay when the twins were still children, but as teenagers? They needed a space of their own. I think it's high time for a change of scenery.

*Author's note*

So, yes, I had Addison take a Young Again potion. She was getting rather old, and I didn't want to chance failing the legacy because she'd been so busy looking after her kids she hadn't had the chance to focus on her music. And, yes, I kept them in that tiny little apartment this whole time. The only time it really caused problems was when Addison autonomously started playing one of her instruments (she carries them all in her inventory to save space) in the bedroom while the others were sleeping. Also, I swear all of the houses with multiple bedrooms must be occupied, because I could never find anything when I tried moving them. Bridgeport is just really not the place for big families.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Bridgeport doesn't have tons of houses. Of course, I'd have just kicked someone out. lol I'm mean like that, though. I'm glad she is young again, though!

    ReplyDelete