28 March 2014

1.23 A Mother Again

The contractions kicked in this morning shortly after the kids left for school.


I was grateful at least Harry didn't have to go to work today.


Because I seriously don't remember the first labor being this difficult!


A baby girl! Finally, a sister for Blair! We named her Beverly.


But, no, labor wasn't over. Another set of twins! We named her little brother Bernie.


Harry seems to love playing with his son.


I'm glad he gets to be around the kids when they're this little this time around.


As for me, I needed to get in a little bass practice.


I'd agreed to play for a few corporate parties tonight. At least I'd already had the babies. I'd been worried about going into labor in the middle of a set.


Harry did such a good job looking after the twins by himself.


And they took to him so well.


I was sure to give them my love when I got home.


It had been so long since I'd held my first babies in my arms. It was nice to have more.


Especially ones so precious.


We also invested in a rocking chair this go around. A smart move. I caught up on so much rest just rocking with the babies.


Which made up for all the times they woke me in the middle of the night.


Crying for their bottles.


Where tending to the children was punctuated by jam sessions in the living room.


Occasionally joined by one or more of my children.


Blair really knows how to rock out!


And Brett was good enough to bring Bernie downstairs to enjoy the music. We have to train them young here.


And Bailey loves looking after his sister.


Of course, remembering how good it feels to have small children in the house, things have definitely warmed up between me and Harry.


I really can't help it.


He's so wonderful.


And so good with the kids!


Yeah, we went there.


Harry had invited over a few people for the holidays, and the teenagers were so good about helping out and looking after their newest siblings.


Which was good, because I wasn't feeling so well tonight.


I had a slice of pie, hoping that would settle my tummy.


And even got in a little more practice.


Before I had to drop my bass and run to the toilet. Oh, great. I knew what this meant.


It looks like the family's not complete just yet!

*Author's notes*

The funny thing about Family-Oriented Sims? They seem to like developing wishes for more children shortly after one is born. Seriously. I mean, I went with it, because I had one spot left in the household, so no risk of twins this go around. And there will essentially be the two groups of kids: the first twins and Blair, then the second set of twins and the new baby!

It's a very good thing her musical lifetime wish is skilling and not a career, because her relationship with her coworkers is dangerously low with all this maternity leave she's been taking.

Oh, and the dip kiss? I decided to let Harry finally be the one to dip Addison since he was the one wishing for a Woohoo. 

1 comment:

  1. Another one?! o_O Woah. According to the rules, I can switch out wishes with other wishes that are same value. I do that when I get wishes for more kids than I can handle. I'm terrible, but I can't handle it. lol Anyway, you were sweet to let Harry do some dippin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete