27 March 2014

1.22 Family Jam Sessions

I love my beautiful little family in everything they do.


The way the twins settle in to read side by side.


They way my baby girl plays pretend.


And the way music is so firmly a part of our lives.


Bailey is feeling a little ill today, so I kept him home from school. Which led to us having quite the jam session together!


He really rocks out on the drums!


And Blair gets on so well with Harry, too.


But coming home to this sight? It was wonderful.


What better way to end the night than with a family jam session? If only Harry had been there, the scene would have been complete!


I'd been meaning to practice some more when I woke up the next morning, but then I saw Harry.


And my mind completely switched tracks.


I mean, we had a wonderful hot tub in the backyard...


And the kids were still in bed...


Yeah, we couldn't help it.


And that night, our Blair became a teenager!


She wasted absolutely no time in asking her father to teach her to drive.


I was just fine with that. I love her and all, but I haven't really driven much since leaving home. Why would I, when there were subways, and then a limo service?


Meanwhile, Brett was testing out the new chess table (we'd lost the one from Bridgeport in the move, and the boys both really wanted one).


And I got some surprising news! I mean, I'd been feeling a little off, so I kind of expected it. And I was happy! I'd realized, as Blair was growing older, how our family still didn't feel quite complete.


I celebrated the way I know best.


I came downstairs to share the news and found a pleasant surprise. All my babies, musicians!


Brett and I joined Blair in a little jam session.


This is the best way to spend time as a family.


And the best way to spend time with my husband?


Under the stars, gazing up at the wonder around us.


It's peaceful.


I treated myself to a slice of pie the next morning. I'm pregnant, don't judge me!


And without the constraints of a work schedule to stop me, I got in a good bit of practice.


I love maternity leave.


Especially when it allows me to spend time with my boys. Sure, Brett and I were reading while Bailey finished his homework. We're nerds and musicians, what else did you expect?

*Author's notes*

Pregnant again! When I say she changed her mind the second she saw Harry when she woke up the morning of Blair's birthday, I'm so not even joking. She'd just started to practice whatever instrument she was on at the time, and he walked out of the bathroom and past her and a wish to have a child popped up. So, naturally, they wasted no time. Have I mentioned how much I love hot tubs? You know Harry and Addison love them. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hot tubs are absolutely amazing. I've loved them since the beginning of Sims Time. That is such a thing, you know. ;) Awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete