10 March 2014

1.5 Countdown to Adulthood

Apparently my new job title means more responsibilities, and more opportunities. Did I not mention? You are looking at the newest band manager at the theatre! I'm thrilled, of course... but then Tom asked to speak to me before I left for the night. He wants me to take a research trip to Egypt!


It sounds like a great opportunity, but I'm not sure. I needed to clear my head. For me, that means a little bit of practice.


It really just feels great to throw all your energy into the music.


And I was pleasantly surprised when Harry stopped by for a visit!


I even started a pillow fight with him. Childish? Possibly. Fun? Absolutely!


And I totally won. I do enjoy spending time with him.


I awoke the next morning to a winter wonderland. I put up a sprig of mistletoe and set to playing holiday tunes to get in the spirit.


My first stop that afternoon? The hospital. My agent had set up a little session for me to entertain some sick kids. How could I pass that up? I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate the holiday season.


And I played my guitar just outside the doors when I was done. If I could lift a few spirits, I'd call it a good day.


And apparently my agent would call me a limo, because that's what was waiting to take me home when I was done!


I was in such a good mood the next day, I decided to throw a party after work! Sure, I wondered about my timing when the band had a surprise party waiting for me when I got to the theatre, but what could be better than two parties in one day?


I got all dolled up and started on the entertainment early...


And finished by curling up with a good book. Apparently there was something out there more interesting than my party.


Considering how horribly awry my party plans had gone, when the sun rose on my birthday, I was fully prepared to ignore the occasion.


I even went to the gym like my agent wanted me to. And I hate the gym.


And I walked to work... who builds a Grim Reaper snowman? I did earn a promotion! That was quite a good birthday gift, and started to lift my spirits a little.


Harry stopped by for a visit after work again. I didn't ask him why he'd missed the party last night... I was afraid to know the answer. So we did the small talk thing...


Until I caught him under the mistletoe! It was just a whim, but honestly, it felt pretty good. I could officially count this as a good birthday!


*Author's notes*

Yes, indeed, the kiss with Harry was the first romantic interaction she had wished for so far. Like, seriously. No matter how many guys she met and chatted up, at work or at parties, she didn't have that spark. This? This was just lucky happenstance that he came by while she had her mistletoe up, and she wanted to be kissed under the mistletoe. I made her Family-Oriented and a Hopeless Romantic in the hopes that she'd get an early wish for romantic interactions, but alas, to no avail. She's just way too caught up in her music for all that.

1 comment:

  1. Great chapter!! She is really climbing up the ladder. It's nice to be in a limo! Glad she seems to like Harry. You know, sometimes the sims just go on a big kick with what they are doing and don't stop. That's why some sims get lots of wishes for woohoo/flirt/etc. It seems they get onto a kick about it and don't want to let it go. Same with music, they get on a kick about it and then don't want to do anything else. :) Maybe this kiss will lead to something else. :)

    ReplyDelete