22 March 2014

1.17 Step by Step

Morning came far too early when I was awoken by the boys.


But being roused by music coming from the xylophone rather than their cries? I would take that any morning. It was wonderful to see Harry playing with his son.


My rather joyful morning was interrupted by sorrowful news. Lola had passed away. I can't imagine what it'll be like at the theatre when I return to work, with two of my best friends gone.


It got me thinking about the future, and how fragile our lives are.


I was truly blessed to have someone like Harry in my life, and I'd lost so many in the last few days.


We got to talking about the future, our plans, and how we fit in together. He was happy to commit himself to me.


I didn't waste any time. I saw no reason to, after all.


We'd been seeing each other for ages. We already had children together, even! No one could say we rushed it.


I tell you, the look on Harry's face when I asked him to marry me? Priceless.


I knew he'd say yes. I just had one more request of him.


There was no need for a grand celebration. No fancy party. No opportunity for the paparazzi to ruin everything. We said our vows, right then and there.


I loved him desperately, and I didn't want to sleep another night without him by my side.


Besides, it's right where he belongs, and our children couldn't be happier.


And they are learning and growing so fast!


I began teaching Brett to walk.


Though I think he'd rather snuggle with me than take a few steps.


And while he was napping and I got in some practice, Harry taught Bailey to talk.


Much as I wanted my boys to grow up well, I couldn't neglect my own practice if I ever wanted to accomplish my goals.


Besides, I was going a bit stir crazy. I don't think I'd left the apartment since the boys were born. Playing chess with Harry didn't make me any less antsy.


I slipped out while Harry was getting the boys ready for bed. I'd have asked him along, but he had work in the morning, and I really just needed to be out of the apartment. One little dance at a club lifted my mood so much.


I even satisfied my craving for bar food (less healthy, but totally worth every calorie).


And even signed a few autographs.


Including one for a ghost the next afternoon. Honestly, no idea where he came from. Just popped up at the apartment out of nowhere, and stopped his ghostly business to ask for my autograph.


I wasn't really fazed by it. I had more important things to worry about, like teaching Bailey how to walk!


Apparently it didn't bother my boys, either. Probably a good sign. Life might not be easy for them as the children of a celebrity. But I knew I'd always be there for them.

*Author's notes*

Finally, a wish for marriage! It didn't come until after the boys were born, so at least picking the lucky sim was easy for me! And I discovered, for as much as Addison got along with Harry, there was so much she didn't know about him. Like, any of his traits. I'd guessed at him being a bookworm from the first day they met (I still can't believe she wound up with someone from that first day when she wasn't attracted to him back then!) but Addison had managed to learn none of his traits. I guess she was too busy with romancing him to bother with actually getting to know him.

Oh well. It worked out just fine.

The ghost, by the way? Not her friend Buster, who died at the birthday party. Just some random guy who died during a previous full moon outside the building. I was just thoroughly amused that he stopped to ask for her autograph! And also that no one in the apartment was bothered by a ghost appearing out of nowhere. Guess you're used to that sort of thing when the man of the house transforms into a werewolf randomly?

1 comment:

  1. Bwahaha! Loved the ghost who just popped in. Yay! Finally married! The boys are adorable as well. :)

    ReplyDelete