04 March 2014

1.1 Welcome to Bridgeport


It's a bit intense, moving away from home, off to the big city for the first time. I suppose it might help you understand if you know a bit about me.

I'm Addison Young. I've always wanted to live in a place like Bridgeport, and as soon as I was old enough to move out on my own, I did just that. More than anything, I want to be a musical expert. A One Sim Band, as my father would say. It's been kind of obvious since I was little that I'm a Virtuoso, and Daddy says I've really got Star Quality. Mom says I wouldn't let it get in the way of family, though. We're all very Family-Oriented back home. Of course, my brother makes fun of me. Let's face it, I'm a Hopeless Romantic with my head in the clouds, which makes me a bit Clumsy.


It was hard to leave them all behind, but it's what you do when you grow up, right? I managed to get everything off the moving van and into my apartment by myself, anyway. And just in time, too. My first day in a new city, and I was greeted by a rainstorm. Trapped inside by the weather, I decided to watch a little television.


Nothing like a romantic movie on a rainy day.


When the movie was over, I decided it was time to unpack my instruments. Can't exactly become an expert if I don't practice, can I? I was just getting into a good groove when the buzzer rang.



Some of the neighbors must have seen the moving van and decided to introduce themselves. The first one up was Wayne. He was... all right. We talked about family for a little bit, but then the television caught his interest.



I just barely caught Matilda's name before she went for the remote. At least she put in an appearance?


And then there was Harry. I get the feeling he enjoys reading. While the others were watching my television, he was sitting on the couch, a book in his hands. We chatted for a while, talking about family and the like.


And then I cooked my first meal ever in my first apartment ever!


I mean, it was just hot dogs, but I cooked them all on my own and didn't burn anything! After I'd eaten, everyone left. Which was good, because I was tired, and I needed some rest.


I started off the next morning with a good dose of guitar practice. Today would be my first day working at the theatre, and I couldn't exactly impress anyone if I didn't keep up my skills.


Wayne stopped by while I was getting ready for work. I was a little preoccupied, or I would have kicked him out. Honestly. I came out of the bathroom and found him napping on my bed.


I strode into the theatre with confidence. Might as well act like I belong there if I want to stick around for a long time.


Oh, did I mention? MY BOSS IS TOM WORDY. Totally awesome lyricist Tom Wordy, ladies and gentlemen, is my boss. AND HE GAVE ME WORK ADVICE ON MY FIRST DAY.


I was in such a good mood, I stopped outside the theatre after work to jam with some random person on the street playing her guitar. It was awesome.


Of course, I had to ruin it by going home and checking the mail. Bills. Joy.


I'd just started reading the book Tom had recommended when the buzzer rang. Guess who.


I really wish my television was the only reason Wayne kept visiting. But, alas. Right after I set the book down, he tried to put his arm around me! And he wasn't even smooth about it! I was much happier when he left, but it still took me quite a while to fall asleep. I couldn't believe he'd hit on me when we'd only just met!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME first chapter!!!! I loved the way you wrote about her traits!! You did a great job!!! Gotta love Wayne!! NOT! He just needs to stay in his own house! I love that you are doing a wishacy like me!! I'm definitely going to be visiting your site often to check it out! :) You could always sell your tv....then maybe Wayne will stop coming by. However, he did put his arm around your sim, so maybe he likes you, too. LOL!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just wish I'd gotten a screenshot of him making his move and her brushing him off. It took me by surprise!

      Delete