19 March 2014

1.14 Love and Mortality

It was a good morning, waking up next to Harry.


He was still asleep, so I let him rest while I got in a little practice.


He didn't wake up until it was practically time for us to go to work, so I left him with a kiss to remember me by.


I needed to clear my head after work, so I pulled out the drums. For some reason, PR thought I couldn't be trusted to talk to the press alone. It's not my fault a journalist asked about my relationship with an occult during an interview about the orchestra.


After I'd relaxed and gotten some food in my system, I turned my focus to the guitar. I really did need to keep up those skills for work.


Of course, my agent called when I was in the middle of a groove, and I couldn't get back into the right mindset, so I cleaned up around the house.


It made me feel better to have things neat and clean again.


And I still wasn't tired, so I put in a late workout.


It rained all through work the next day, and it was still coming down when I left the theatre.


So I decided to get a little workout in when I got home.


I checked the mail when I was done, and was pleasantly surprised to find a letter from Harry (and paparazzi staking out my front door). He loves me!


I was in such a good mood, I let myself get carried away in my music.


I called Harry over the next day to properly thank him for that lovely letter he sent me.


Things were going well.


I almost always felt better in his company.


And I knew he felt the same way about me.


I just liked being able to reassure him of that.


And I was working my way up to that.


When my agent called. I swear, nothing kills the mood faster than a call from my agent.


I even tried coaxing Harry into the hot tub for a bit of fun, but it just wasn't happening tonight.


I was caught off guard by a phone call on my way to meet Harry for drinks a few days later. Aria, who had seemed so full of life this morning during rehearsal, had passed away!


I refused to let the sadness overtake me. I didn't want to spoil the night with Harry.


And with the sudden reminder of my own mortality, and how fleeting our lives are...


And the elevator all to ourselves...


Who could blame me for what happened next?

1 comment:

  1. No one. No one would blame you one bit. lol You get 'em tigress. :)

    ReplyDelete