26 March 2014

1.21 A Wild Date Night Appears!

I feel like I have so much more time lately to focus on my music, with all the kids in school.


Am I a little crazy to be practicing in the park in the middle of a hailstorm?


Quite possibly.


Is that going to stop me?


Not very likely.


After practice, Harry called to say he'd been invited to a coworker's party. We eagerly left the boys in charge and headed out. After all, it had been a very long time since we'd had a date night.


I even provided a little entertainment when we arrived!


I couldn't resist sharing my musical gifts with them.


But then I remembered that I was here to spend time with my husband.


We settled in to watch the stars.


Which became decidedly difficult when it started raining on us!


There hadn't been much to eat at the party, so we said our goodbyes and headed to the diner for a bite to eat.


I'll admit, I serenaded Harry with my guitar. That's right, one handed guitar playing. Because I'm just that awesome.


And I like to remind him of that every once in a while.


Because I love him, and I don't say it nearly often enough.


We overslept the next morning, leaving the kids to their own devices. Blair was trying to hold court while the boys read.


She wasn't very impressed with the fact that they weren't listening to her demands.


But she got her revenge later in a pillow fight.


As for me, I turned my attention back to music while the kids played.


I'm sure they wouldn't want to spend every waking minute with their mother anyway.


As long as Blair is always this excited for her bedtime story, I'll be happy.


Of course, after the kids were in bed, Harry thought he'd surprise me with a water balloon fight.


Please, guess what happened next. I dare you.


Let's just say, it was game on.

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to get sad, knowing there are only a few chapters left. I enjoyed getting to know these sims. :) Blair is cute and it would have been a tough choice to choose between the boys for heir.

    ReplyDelete