11 March 2014

1.6 'Tis the Season to Party!

I should really be more careful about who I buzz in to the building.


Because apparently I let in a member of the paparazzi. Don't these people have anything better to do with their lives? Honestly.


Fortunately, he didn't follow me to the winter festival. I called Lola to see if she wanted to join me for a little ice skating.


She didn't really stick around for very long, but that was all right.


I was pretty terrified I'd slip and fall right in front of her.


But I didn't fall even once! It was wonderful!


With such luck on the pond, I got this crazy urge to try snowboarding!


Yeah, I definitely fell down a few times.


But I got the hang of things eventually!


I was even pulling some fancy tricks!


It's rather thrilling realizing I can still do athletic things without my clumsiness getting in the way all the time!


I ended the evening back at home with a little bass practice. I think I'm getting pretty good at it, too!


Snowflake day! Right after I sent out my invitations for a gift giving party, I got one from Aria!


I really need to stop throwing a party the same day as other parties. But I did want to catch up with Aria, even if that meant the paparazzi were watching.


The food was pretty delicious. I wish I'd been able to stay longer (she has a beautiful grand piano) but I had to go set up for my party.


And then spent the rest of the evening playing the drums.


Yeah. No one showed. Again. Seriously, I should just stop trying.


So I went to the gym again the next morning to really distract myself.


Why oh why does my agent insist I work out so much?


I walked to work again. Maybe it wasn't the best idea, with how heavily it was snowing, but I enjoyed the fresh air.


Aria invited me to another party after work. Maybe she was trying to apologize, in her way, for missing my party last night.


It did give me a glorious chance to try out her piano!


I played most of the night. It was just what I needed.


I didn't even try to make it all the way to the gym the next morning.


Jumping jacks at home would have to suffice for my workout for now.


I'd been invited to a party after work. I really don't know why, because I have no idea who this Wogan person was. It was a decent enough party, I guess.


Passing through the park on my way home, who should I find but Lola! We jammed together for a little while, but it was late, and we were both rather tired. It was good to see her outside the theatre!


*Author's notes*

Yes, twice she tried to throw a gift giving party, because I really wanted to see how they worked, but absolutely no one showed up either time. I think it might have something to do with the fact that her apartment is too small to fit a gift pile. The next time winter rolls around, hopefully she'll have a bigger place, and she can try again.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really like winter, but I do like the ice skating and snowboarding.

    Don't even get me started on the paparazzi! Those guys are SO annoying! There is a mod to get rid of them or even dwindle them down some, but for now I'll live with them. I'll only use the mod when it comes to Island Paradise and if I decide to get on the houseboat. They literally come onto your houseboat and just walk in and take pics. NO PRIVACY.

    I love how our sims get invited to parties by people we barely know or don't know at all. I figure maybe it is because of the celebrity status thing. Not sure, though.

    I think the key to throwing any party is the friendship level and space. There must be some ratio in the game in regards to relationship percentage and percentage they'll show up. That's my guess, but who knows. It could be completely random, too.

    In regards to space, I did try to throw one @ my sim's house, but in the notes area in the top right, it told me her house was too small. Hopefully, your sim will get a bigger house soon. :)

    ReplyDelete