06 March 2014

1.3 Wait, I Have an Agent?

Things that don't lend to a good night's sleep: staying up past sunrise and living in a studio apartment with a ton of windows.


Seriously. It was so hard to fall asleep. I was still exhausted when I went in to work.


One interesting thing happened at work, though. I was hanging out with Aria during a break, and someone thought I was a celebrity!


Who knew being good friends with a celebrity could start my road to fame!


I made up for my lack of sleep last night by falling asleep as soon as I got home. Which meant I was up at four in the morning.


Making some rather delicious waffles.


And putting in a little practice while I waited for the carpool.


The rain pouring down as I left the theatre today couldn't lower my mood. I'd been promoted to Stagehand today!


Rather than celebrating my usual way, I did what I love best during thunderstorms. I watched a love story on the television.


And when the weather died down, I headed to the library. I knew it was late, but a big city like Bridgeport, I thought there would still be people out and about. I was wrong.


With no work the next day, I headed back to the theatre for more music classes. First up: the bass! They were so sweet, letting me take the class for free.


Still, I'd come intending to pay for a class. I just thought I could only afford one. So I went ahead and turned straight around into the drums class!


I got a call from my agent as I left the theatre. I didn't even know I had an agent!


One of the clubs in town wanted me to just show up and dance. I figured, what the hell.


Dancing like an idiot and getting paid for it? Well worth my time.


There was hardly anyone around to see it, anyhow.


I left in the wee hours of the morning with an extra thousand dollars in my pockets. Very well worth it.


The next day was mostly a blur, I was so tired after being out all night.


That mac and cheese was delicious, even if it made me late for work.


The hours shortly after work saw me as they so often did: jamming on my guitar.


There's really nothing else like it.


It definitely beats paparazzi taking notes while you chat on the phone with a friend. I guess this is the price I'll have to pay if I want to be a celebrity.

2 comments:

  1. Haha!! It was probably good no one saw her dancing! LOL! Yes, being a celebrity sucks, but is also the best! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such a dreadful dancer! Well, she does get better, over time.

      The good thing is there's always another opportunity as soon as you finish one. So it has its moments.

      Delete